Joined: July 2006
||Posted: Aug. 31 2008,22:21
This is really getting off-topic, but I'll reply here. Should you need more help, it'd might be better to start a new thread.
Since DSL was already running on vbox (proprietary edition) as a guest, I took the liberty of seeing if the vbox guest additions would compile.
- booted a DSL 3.4.x frugal in vbox
- mydsl-load: compile-3.3.5.uci kernelsource*.dsl (2.4.26 seems to be included in compile-3.3.5.uci) XFree86.dsl (or xorg I guess)
- vbox host interface: devices > install guest additions
- in DSL, start a root shell
- link X to XFree86, i.e. `cd /usr/X11R6/bin; ln -sf XFree86 X ` (will be different for Xorg, you could also modify $PATH instead etc.)
- make the modules.* files writeable, wrote up something quick
|Code Sample |
|libmoddir="/lib/modules/`uname -r `"|
modfiles=`ls -1 $libmoddir/modules.* `
for EACH in $modfiles; do
rm -f $EACH
cp -a /KNOPPIX/$EACH .
- mount the cd, i.e. `mount /mnt/cdrom/ `
- run the installer, i.e. `./mnt/cdrom/*.sh `
- wait and it should successfully build
- it says to add a command to ~/.xinitrc so you could use a text editor and add it somewhere in the beginning with & appended
- it also says to restart the guest, but do not do that... you could probably just restart X
- did not test any further (was still running xvesa)