Joined: Oct. 2003
||Posted: Oct. 29 2008,02:34
DSL Version 4.4.7 is now posted.
This minor update consists of user requests.
* Added fluxbox dock app, mount.app. Dropped wmswallow. Moved fluxter into slit to better accomodate wm restarts.
* Added .sylpheed/sylpheedrc with associations for: firefox %s, editor %s, xmms %s, and xzgv %s
* Adjusted .jwmrc & .fluxbox/menu Swap file now calls swapfile.lua instead of the dialog version.
* Improved backup. Now tests success before final shutdown. Dropped /opt/powerdown.sh, moved backup call to filetool.sh in exitcheck.sh
* Added directory option to restore boot code. Once used, must always specify, will not autoscan down into directories.
Files that have changed and likely in your backup:
Note: Use extreme caution if you update your .sylpheed/sylpheedrc
You may want to note only the differences in your file and the one in /etc/skel/
Note: Use extreme caution with the new backup/restore. Best to make a copy and move it for safe keeping. Manually remove/rename /opt/powerdown.sh, as it is no longer used in 4.4.7.
Note: I will leave 4.4.6 in the current directory until I hear from those who requested the new features in 4.4.7
Note: It is always best to test new features with boot code of: base norestore