Joined: Dec. 2006
||Posted: May 13 2008,20:20
Hi! I have just updated the tarball
Here are the main changes:
* Further optimized the binaries (incl. libraries) for smaller size. Recompiled C++ code with '-no-exceptions -no-rtti' in addition to -Os flag for some extra reduction in binary size. All C code is -Os. All executables are stripped and also sstripped (sstrip utility is included in compile/bin). All shared libraries are stripped with 'strip --strip-unneeded'.
* Extracted the previously-missing bindings for FTLK menus and events from MurgaLua 0.6.8 (see new file share/lua/5.1/fltk.lua). With this setup, I have also hidden the akward loadlib'ing, so that you can just use a require("fltk") from your scripts. This is a more "standard" way to load the extension.
* Added Lua Socket 2.0.2 extension. http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~diego....ce.html (Robert, I have just seen that you have also compiled this extension too. But since I have stripped those, maybe this version is smaller)
* Compiled Lua-Sqlite3 (http://luaforge.net/projects/luasqlite/) and the extension is fairly small once optimized (27k). This is in a separate dir, because very unfortunately the extension fails to load as some functions that are not found from the libsqlite3.so shipped with DSL (most probably because sqlite in DSL is too old). What do you think: Will/do we need database access in Lua? Should sqlite be upgraded?
* Updated examples of apps and scripts. Maybe some of those are worthy of inclusion in DSL?
* Recompiled lua without libhistory.so. The linkage worked ok without the library, but I actually wonder why the Lua makefile attempts to link to it. Hopefully libhistory really isn't required.