Talk:Frequently Asked Questions Beta
From DSL Wiki
How to use forum
you need to activate your forum account before you can post
- This is now in the FAQ. dentonlt 3 January 2009 23:17 (UTC)
- Where to find Beginner Information?
- Please enter information here, where to get "SUH" (stupid user help), for example how to "install" Linux Drivers ("demons") when downloading. Example: Adobe offers Linux tar.gz files for videos in news pages (flash etc.), but what to do with those files? how to get that video running?
- (or do Stupid Users like me have to just remain with windows?)
Answer by Fioddor:
- Ways to get SUH:
- Your fauvorite web search engine
- DSL forums (official or unofficial)
- LUG forums
- This wiki
- By the way. "deamons" are not linux drivers, but linux services.
- I don't know about Adobe's files, but tar.gz files are compressed files you can decompress using different tools. Just search the web for "untar man". Tar is included in DSL
- To get flash videos running you need a capable browser. Firefox has plug-ins to play flash videos.
- Probably. The community uses to be helpful for intelligent people lacking some information, but it also tends to be stupidity-alergic.