Release Candidates :: DSL v3.3 RC3
Cumulative Change Log for DSL v3.3RC3
* New flrun.lua replaces grun as the system's run command.
* Updated dsl-config to support auto load alsa both .dsl and .unc
* Added new keymap fi-latin9.map.gz.
* Updated mkmydsl to accept additional boot parameters containing slash.
* Restored non-boot scsi and netfilter modules.
* Cleaned up some leftover empty apt directories and moved to dsl-dpkg extension.
* New gettime.lua to set clock from a time server.
* Updated zoneinfo to support new Daylight Savings Time.
* Restored menu item "Enable Apt" and dpkg-resore download script.
* Updated mydsl tool; download directory is now verified.
* Updated pendrive installation scripts to be device independent both install and runtime.
* Fixed mount tool for cdrom and floppy devices.
* Added ballon help on docked mount tool.
* More install options on dslinstall menu; access via install boot label
* Added new /opt/bin directory with /opt/bin in PATH.
* Added mouse configuration persistence via .mouse_config.
* Improved rdesktop - added color depth.
* ALSA sound autoconfiguration improvement via conflicting audio module.
* Automated start of rcfirewall upon boot when rcfirewall.unc is in mydsl search path at boot.
* Added auto start of gtk2 when gtk2 extension is in mydsl search path at boot.
* Removed non-boot SCSI modues, now a unc and autoloaded when scsi.unc is in mydsl search path at boot.
* Added legacy option to lowram boot image label.
* Added lowram check to .xinitrc - prevents Dillo and Torsmo from starting.
* Updated bootfloppy.img to fix the 16MB memory/ramdisk bug.
* New dsl-split.lua a DSL KNOPPIX file dump to diskettes.
* Updated boot image "install" menu - dslinstall to support new options.
* Created a DSL FreeDOS utilitities diskette bootfloppy-utils.img for access to DOS installaton tools - linld, loadlin.
* Added declobber.sh to remove troublesome extraneous system directories in MyDSL extensions.
* Restored original b44.o module, should resolve hard drive netcard issues in v3.2.
* Fixed typo bug in mkmydsl.
* Fixed typo in exitcheck display of Iwconfig
* Fixed bug in frugal_lilo.sh when installing from a file.
* Fixed man script to support hard drive installations.
Download from ibiblio here.
Please note the following files have been updated and are likely in your backup.
You should compare and copy the new updated version from /etc/skel/
Is there a torrent available?
I can't seem to connect with the FTP site.
The alsa autoconfig seems to work fine with a legacy boot - thanks.
Which output plugin is meant to be used with xmms - OSS or ALSA? I only seem to get any sound with OSS
Please note the following files have been updated and are likely in your backup. You should compare and copy the new updated version from /etc/skel/
I think I did it wrong last time. Please advise:
Should I just go ahead and replace the KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file on my DSL boot partition with the new one, and go ahead and boot the frugal installation?
And then look at those files in /etc/skel/ ?