Release Candidates :: DSL v3.1 RC3
DSL v3.1 RC3 is now ready for testing. Cumulative Change Log:
* Improved frugal_grub.sh to support Poormans via Bootfloppy installs.
* Improved frugal_lilo.sh to support Poormans via Bootfloppy installs.
* Improved dsl-hdinstall & dsl-installboot to support Poormans via Bootfloppy installs
* Updated mkdosswapfile to support Poormans via Bootfloppy
* New boot option 'dosswapfile' to autoscan or specify dosswapfile
* dpkg-restore made consistent with other extensions to use /opt/.mydsl_dir.
* gnu-utils-restore made consistent to use /opt/.mydsl_dir.
* Changed mydslPanel to use /opt/.mydsl_dir
* Fixed bug in mydslInfo to parse for new UNC area of repository
* Fixed bug in DSLpanel for Xvesa
* Fixed typo bug in icontool.lua
* Dropped pts from mount.lua
* Changed mkmydsl script -boot-load-size 4 for beter hardware compatibility.
* Improved root's PATH, changes .fluxbox/menu .xtdesktop/Aterm.lnk, and /root/.bachrc
* New boot option 'fuse' to load upon boot the fuse system.
* Converted 54 Lua and Lua/Fltk programs to Lua 5.1.1 Fltk 1.1 via MurgaLua interface
* Added right-click to MyDSL Icon for easy UCItool access
* Improved Antiword fonts
* Changed color escape codes to echo commands
* Added TMPDIR environment variable
* Dropped Original Lua/Fltk - flua
* Edited .fluxbox menu. Configuration s/b Fluxbox Configuration
* Added License section to "Getting Started" document
* Cleanup code regarding DESKTOP & ICONS
* Update stats.lua to read version from text file.
* Added firefox adjustments for unionfs
* Made unionfs the default boot. Use "legacy" option to skip.
* Cleanup more /var/tmp to /tmp
* Updated sqlite to 3.3.6
* Made mydsl boot option consistent with restore boot option.
* Enhanced exitcheck to warn if no backup device when requested to save special settings.
* Added murgaLua Lua/Fltk development toolkit
* Enhanced .torsmorc for ACPI battery indicator
Thats really a lot of progress. Good work. keep going.
Thanks. This will be the last RC for 3.1. Consider it a feature freeze and only bugs will be fixed so we can officially get 3.1 released.
What is "fuse system"? What is the new cheat code "fuse" for?
What exactly is improved for Bootfloppy installs ?
What does this mean ?
I still hope, that I will be able someday to boot from a floppy disk first and second from a write-protected USB-pen without that the system brings an error code. I think you remember my topic for this some weeks/months ago.
Due to this, I didn't do further tests/usages with DSL.
But hopefully, it will work someday.
I always check the change logs.