Apps :: MyDSL Browser

Hi guys!

I just have tried the MyDSL Browser but I always get the error message "Cannot read database mydslinfo.bz2" and that's it. How does this app work? Right now I'm using an usb-stick with DSL 4.4RC2 on it (the embedded variant). I start with: "dsl fromhd=/dev/sda1 frugal". Any help appreciated.

Have fun out there wherever you are,

Please use the RC thread for RC issues. This has already been mentioned there.

Well, since it occurs the same way in DSL 4.3 (which I'm using now) I didn't think it was an RC issue.

Have fun out there with DSL,

It isn't an RC issue. The database included an improperly written info,which apparently prevented the "Current:" line from being found. Roberts has since fixed it.

I think the browser should be improved in this respect, though, to check for the existence of the desired strings before trying to use them.

Also might be a good idea to improve the info file template found in the wiki. The date format shows mm/dd/yyyy when it should be yyyy/mm/dd, and there is an optional  "Filesize:" line supported by mydslBrowser.  The "------" separator causes some email clients to label the file a virus, so I've started writing my own info files to use "Filesize: XXX --------------" instead of the standard separator....maybe there is a better alternative.

Hi mikshaw!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Keep on having fun developing DSL,

Next Page...
original here.